Pinch Force Measurement System for Automotive Applications
Safety ensured by Pinch Force Measurement
The FM 202 is an electronic pinch force measuring system for power driven closing systems like car windows, sunroofs and doors and for steps in the railway sector. It allows measurements up to 600 N at a deflection rate of 10 N/mm.
Combining rugged construction with precision, the advanced mechanical design delivers exact measurements, even after years of service in an industrial environment.
Fast and easy performance of repetetive measurements is an important aspect of standard test scenarios.
Drive Test has responded to this requirement by developing software which streamlines the measurement process and drastically reduces documentation effort. Measurements can be downloaded to a PC, analysed, exported and documented with a minimum of user interactions.
The investment repays itself within a short time.
Our PinchPilot software provides also interfaces like Microsoft® DLL or National Instruments® LabVIEW for remote control in automated environments.
- Applicable standards – directive 2000/4/EG or userdefined
- Precision measurements – uses frictionless guides and a single point (platform) load cell
- Robust construction – casing manufactured from durable aluminium and stainless steel for long service life in industrial environments
- Ease of Use – single-button operation or remote control via Microsoft® DLL Interface or National Instruments® Labview library
- Professional software – PinchPilot offers complete functionality
- Wide range of force – max. 600 N at 10 N/mm deflection rate over complete range
- Overrun force – applicable for overrun force („Überschusskraft“) measurement
- Complete delivery – all components packed in high-quality aluminium transportation case
Sensor FM 202
- Force entry: one-sided Meas.
- Range: 0–600 N
- Measurement Tolerance: +/– 3 N (0-100 N), +/- 3 % (> 100 N)
- Spring stiffness: 10 N/mm
- Gap width: minimum 40 mm
- Area: 80 x 80 mm
- Force sensor: Strain Gauge Bridge
- Size: 100 x 300 x 190 mm
- Weight: 4.2 kg
Display unit SEB2
- Data logging module (display unit SEB2) with LCD display, LED states, button, and serial interface
- Optional PC controlled measurements
- Powered by 9 V bloc battery
- Onboard real time clock
- Storage for approx. 100 measurements
- Sensor and PC interfaces
- Display of peak force and effective force
- Pass/fail evaluation
- Multi-Language (DE, EN, IT, FR, ES)
- Graphical display of force vs. time
- Calculation of relevant parameters
- Assessment with respect to different standards
- Support for user defined standards
- Printed reports
- Data export (Excel, CSV, PDF)
- Sensor FM 202
- Separate data logging module (display unit SEB2), with LCD display, LED states, membrane input key and serial interface
- 9 V battery
- Transportation case with foam inserts for ease of storage and transport
- PC connection cable (USB)
- USB stick with PinchPilot PC analysis software and documentation
- Users manual
- Calibration certificate
System Requirements for PC Analysis Pinch Pilot (included):
- Operating System Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10
- RAM ≥ 32 MB
- Free Disk Space ≥ 50 MB
- RS232 or USB interface